Wednesday, January 19, 2011

What Are Daisy Petals?

To state the obvious, they are the petals of the daisy flower; small, white, innocent, and delicate.  Often used to answer life's more perplexing questions such as, "Does he/she love me?" or "Does he/she love me not?"  But none of that is relevant to this blog. 

In this instance, Daisy petals are the tiny, white dog hairs shed from the coat of my French Bulldog, Daisy.  My boyfriend coined the phrase one day when he looked down at his once-black sweater, now coated in white fur, and said, "I'm covered in Daisy petals!"  It was perfect, and it stuck.  These petals, to me, symbolize tiny little pieces of happiness, as this small bowling ball of a dog fills me with more joy than often seems rational or reasonable. 

In turn, this blog is my sharing of tiny little excerpts from my life.  Stories from past and present that make me smile, and might make you smile as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment